Tuesday 10 March 2015

lazy weekends and parties....


Saturday night was a rare proper party night out, the host, a bestie, who has worked on fashion all her life, would never judge, but I was keen to make an effort.  With age, the 'right' look gets harder.  I started with this midriff bearing Thakoon dress bought in a bin end sale for 30 quid! The fashion critic was unsure as the shape is a new one on him (and me).....


Next up was the MSGN dress (another bin end) it is short AND split, a bit much for a wet London night...(even with lashings of fake tan)....

 Then a JW Andersen top, Whistles sequin skirt and very old valentino cardi...
 The verdict was mumsy...
 I tried the skirt with the top that is meant to match, but it looks a bit old fashioned....


 So it was back to the midriff dress (OK he decided on second viewing) and my old regular coat....
The next day a big brekkie was the ticket...
My H & M jacket, ZARA cheapie top and Paige jeans got an outing....
 Along with the pink coat which has been promoted from dog-walking duty...

 We went to the Milk Shed near Bicester, the best breakfasts, especially with a hang-over...

Breakfast and magazines, it doesn't get much better....



6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun weekend. You always look fantastic, and truly could pull off anything! I love the pink coat. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Age does get in the way of wearing what we what. I saw the most amazing midi skirt with cropped top the other day but then looked down at my wine baby and moved on!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing better than a big breakfast. Great outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Really great effort. Everyone must read this article. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really appreciate your professional approach. These are pieces of very useful information that will be of great use for me in future.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you and quite happy for some lively debate so feel free to say what you think! ....