Thursday 14 November 2013

Getting back in the game....


I've been going with the flow over the last few years, after 20 years of doing what I didn't want to do, I have been able to decide that I am only going to get involved in things that enrich my life and don't demand sacrifices that I am no longer prepared to make.
I am lucky to have the chance of working in with great people in an interesting environment that will allow me to stick to those principals, the salary is about 10% of where I was before, but life is about so much more than the numbers.
So I packed up my Neverfull and headed off to the first meeting, and indeed true to its name, it contains at least 3 magazines, laptop, folders and it is not even close to being full.
I would never normally wear this shape top as with my giant shoulders, wide rib cage and non-existent waist, I thought that V necks were the way forward, but I read Iwillnotwearsludgebrown, which is not just a 'buy, buy, buy' blog, rather one that is about how to wear clothes, and thought I would give it a go.  £1 cheap polyester (New Look) from the charity outlet shop. And overall it was not bad, I might upgrade to a better quality one in a similar shape that will hang better and be less stinky when the room gets hot!  
I put it on with an old pink coat, the pink coat thing is probably a fashion fad that has already had its day, it's funny though, when it was totally not the look du jour, I wore it quite happily, but now it is 'in' I feel self-conscious as if I fancy myself as some kind fashion person, which I am  most definitely not. The jeans are Reiss Dolly jeans, who can forget that name? And they were £4.99 from Ebay, still with their labels!




 We are thinking about office spaces so I have been dreaming on Pinterest...

I love this one where it feels like you are disappearing into a CS Lewis adventure...
 Pure fantasy...may be more for a boudoir than an place of work....
 I have never been called a minimalist, but the discipline of this quite appeals to me, as long as I don't have to live there...
 Black and white always works....
 Bit of modern country....
 Totally organic....
 Black on black is quite cool....
 Great way of having your own space....
 This is both cosy and tidy...
 Quite an eclectic look of old and new, I would never feel bored here...

Which would you go for as your office?

11 comments:

  1. With the flared jeans the outfit looks very 70's but it really does look gorgeous on you and that pink coat, well what can I say, I was so over them the minute they came out but your's is the most gorgeous colour and with the bag - well overall a great look, you look amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are viewing kind, the hair leaves a lot to be desired, still not sure about the pink coat. According to sludge brown lady, I am a soft and should wear natural muted colours. Pink definitely not in the right pallette.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And within the course of these analysis, it emerges that every dollar spent in the pursuit associated
    with an online degree is likely to increase
    one's lifetime earnings several times fold. This business
    is going to be operated in the owner's home and is going to be done entirely on the internet.

    " The company sees innovation as among its core organizational competencies.

    Feel free to visit my homepage http://trotto-fotos.de/user/93824-htruebrid

    ReplyDelete
  5. شركة صيانة منزلية بجده عميلنا الفاضل إذا كنت تبحث عن شركة متخصصة في العديد من أعمال الصيانة المنزلية مثل سباك بجده، كهربائي بجده، تمديد الغاز بجده، تنسيق حدائق بجده، نقدمها لكم من أفضل المتخصصين الممتازين بخبراتهم فى كافة مجالات الصيانة المنزلية، وعندما تبحث عن متخصص لصيانة أجهزتك الكهربائية أو أعطال الكهرباء وتمديد الكهرباء، صيانة السباكة وفك السدد وتسليك المجاري وكشف تسريبات المياه، أو ترغب بتمديدات الغاز المركزي لمنزلك أو منشأتك، لديك حديقة وترغب بتنسيقها أو زراعتها، نحن نوفر لكم عملائنا كافة أعمال الصيانة المنزلية بجده.


    سباك بجدة
    كهربائي بجدة
    شركة تمديد الغاز المركزي بجدة
    شركة تنسيق حدائق بجدة
    شركة تنظيف مسابح بجدة
    معلم بلاط بجدة

    ReplyDelete
  6. افضل شركة تنظيف بالدمام شركة المثالى بروكر لخدمات التنظيف بالدمام نقدم افضل خدمات التنظيف
    تنظيف منازل تنظيف موكيت كنب

    شركة تنظيف بالدمام

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you and quite happy for some lively debate so feel free to say what you think! ....