Sunday 13 October 2013

1/2 a stone heavier...

Over the last month I have been eating more protein than ever and exercising at a much higher rate than before.  The upside of the protein rich diet, is that I can feel the difference in my muscles, I can push them harder for longer and not suffer from the exhausting post exercise fatigue that I put down to getting older.
I can also 'fire up' most of the muscles in my body, even when sedentary, there is an energy that I can feel flowing around in arms and legs that is new.

I have gained about half a stone and now weigh over 10 stone.  I work in fitness, so I know that the number on the scales is irrelevant.  But it is still counter-intuitive to everything that I have been told all my life!

Size 10s are no longer a 'squeeze', I am comfortably a size 8 in most brands, which still surprises me, as it doesn't feel like long ago that I automatically reached for a 14 and crossed my fingers that I could get it on.

(pic from Pinterest)

10 comments:

  1. My chum is ten stone and I am so envious of her figure, and yet at anything over 9 stone I am really as fat as a pig, of course I have 5.5 inch wrists and size H fingers so I suppose I have to accept that I'm petite - urgh - there is no way to be petite and cute post 50!
    Also when I upped my protein and really focused on fitness a few years back with a trainer, I got so chubby, he was bereft as was I!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am anything but petite, I've always hated being so huge. I don't want to end up a scrawny beanpole, but I will inevitably be a St Trinian's headmistress in my dotage!

      Delete
  2. You look really toned and defined but without looking bulky at all. Can you just clarify something though....you said you have gained half a stone but going by the weights on the three pictures, you have gone up by a stone??? Am I missing something here or just being very thick. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pics aren't me, she is a lot younger! It is just a reminder of the fact that weight counts for nothing!

      Delete
  3. Can I also ask for more information as to what you eat on a day to day basis to achieve this great body

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Currently loads and loads of eggs, avocados, beef and vegetables! Although this weekend I made some brownies and ate the lot, so not quite so virtuous!

      Delete
  4. I am wondering if there is any connection between having virtually stopped red meat about a year ago, and my slightly "fluffier" figure? Could it be that simple? I am also wondering if you still eat carbs, or have eliminated them? You really do look fantastic. Super fit yet you still look feminine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I was younger, I became a vegetarian and put on 3 stone and always felt hungry. I think we need a bit of everything (including carbs). I definitely felt better for my brownie feast, so was obviously cutting back too much on carbs. This week, I am back to the protein, but with more complex carbs like brown rice and oats for energy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It must be wonderful to be disciplined enough to achieve this, well done x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not me, I didn't keep pics, this is from PInterest, but illustrates the point really well!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you and quite happy for some lively debate so feel free to say what you think! ....