Tuesday 15 October 2013

Christmas Market....




I  have signed up to do this Christmas sale, it is a fabulous hotel that I used to visit 20 years ago when we were convinced that it had underworld connections, a story that I am sure we concocted to make our lunches more entertaining.
The house used to be the country retreat of Ian Gillan of Deep Purple fame.  It was the perfect escape from town for a long leisurely lunch and a dip in the guitar shaped swimming pool on a hot day.  It all felt vicariously rock and roll and we could only imagine the sort of parties that once must have been hosted there.
I'm going back for a trip down memory lane, but a Christmas sale and mulled wine feel like the perfect excuse.
What have you got planned to get you in to the spirit of Christmas? Do you have annual traditions or do you do new things each year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you and quite happy for some lively debate so feel free to say what you think! ....