Tuesday 22 April 2014

Jumping jack flash...

Because I am old and rarely throw things away, I have more clothes than I could ever need.  Countless pairs of jeans, coats, jumpers, T shirts, a whole wardrobe of 'Holiday clothes' ie stuff I wouldn't be seen dead in in the UK, but suddenly become the height of sartorial elegance somewhere hot where no one knows my name.

From now on, I'm going to avoid anything that is simply a new version of what I own already and seek out the 'new', there will be lots of mistakes, but there have been a lifetime of fashion crimes so a last hurrah seems like a sensible way forward....
Introducing exhibit one, the jumpsuit.  This was a little 'out there', but I really love it, I tried a Tibi one that is now winging its way back to the online retailer.  But this lace and black number is a keeper, really comfortable and much more flattering, really nice touches like the detachable straps, deep pockets and arse slimming black reverse.  I can wear it for day with a jacket and rockstuds, or at night with high strappy gold heels and feel a bit Carrie from Sex and the City (rather than Dame Edna meets the incredible hulk which is the vibe I usually give off)





This one is not so successful, it is pure Andy Pandy and nicely shows my Easter excesses. Depressingly it is also an XL, there is however something strangely comforting about the fitted high pockets and how tight it feels across my middle, I think it is some latent memory from infant romper suits many decades ago.  I might just hang on to it for hanging out at home.
What are your fashion thoughts for Summer? Do you stick to a style that you love and buy less, but buy well? Or are you still experimenting?




4 comments:

  1. I like the first outfit, but you never mention where you buy your clothes from. Are they all Ebay finds?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not all of them, I shop a lot online though, I never post where they are from as I don't think for one minute that anyone would be interested in buying them!

      Delete
  2. I don't think I will wear a jumpsuit. My arse would take up to much visual space....ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tee hee, they do make going to the loo a bit of a palava too!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you and quite happy for some lively debate so feel free to say what you think! ....