Saturday 28 June 2014

Gala evening in the Cotswolds...

The weather has been beautiful and a couple of weeks ago I got the chance to wear one of my 'fantasy dresses'.  Shamelessly inspired by Elie Saab, this dress hasn't had an outing despite hanging for a couple of years in my closet.  Attending the event had been questionable, so I wasn't fully equipped, I wore the dress with a neon cosmetic bag which doubled as an evening bag and a neon necklace.  This pic was taken at the cottage, I had  been weeding all day (note brown bin as the backdrop) and there was still evidence of mud and green under my nails.  On the shoe front, I went flat for comfort...


The event was held at a Cotswold hotel, sheep are a recurrent theme in the Cotswolds, and work particularly well in topiary...


The venue....


The entrance to the topiary garden, whatever the occasion, I am more obsessed by the gardens than anything else...

Stunning green colours, we have had the perfect combination of wet and sun to create this beauty...


I found the entrance to the swimming pool during my wanderings simply magical...


The champagne was flowing, not so much for me (I was driving) but everyone else was getting stuck in....


Some mini pics in case people aren't keen to be 'revealed'...



my super stylish friend....


Our tables in the marquee....



Chatting outside with friends...



Finding our tables for dinner...



Boogy-ing until the early hours....


18 comments:

  1. Oh you honey! The dress but more than that ...the body.
    I would love to live down your way, am already on the hunt for the perfect English Village - where cottages don't cost £2 million.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a look around Bicester, prior to the outlet mall, it was a bit down at the heel, so all of the villages are 'untouched;, it's not strictly the cotswolds so doesn't have the ridiculous price tag like stowe on the wold and similar. It is 10 mins from Oxford and under an hour to London on the new trainline due to open in the next few years. Prices have risen,of course, but the base was so much lower to start with.

      Delete
  2. Oh and ah, the brown bins, we have three, I wish they would empty them more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we have to pay an annual rent, and someone nicked one of ours! Obviously more precious than the other tat that is regularly left outside!

      Delete
  3. Stunning, such a fantastic colour on you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's so funny, I was looking at it and thinking it washed me out and I should follow your advice, I have bought the brown Dylon!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Just....wow! You look like a princess, and that topiary garden is absolutely breathtaking. Where is this non existent waistline you always talk about? lol! Your husband must be very proud. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look absolutely stunning !

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Bonnie, it was a fun (if booze free!) night x

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. thank you, but looking at the pics I'm not sure of the colour, the dress isn't one for naked flame (pure polyester) but I have found some tips on how to dye it!

      Delete
  8. What a stunning place, and a beautiful evening. I love your outfit, the necklace is gorgeous .

    ReplyDelete
  9. How utterly stunning do you look?

    ReplyDelete
  10. weblinkgo to this website check my blogclick to find out more click sitesee here now

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you and quite happy for some lively debate so feel free to say what you think! ....