Monday 23 June 2014

Lazy summer days in the country...

This is my favourite place to be in the whole world...
Walking with dogs and the big boy to the farm shop....
Dogs cool off in the stream en route (only the one with legs, Miss B had a bad experience in a lake when she was 7 weeks old so is less keen).....
We don't have to go too far before we can 'off road'...

Going on a food hunt, we're not scared oh no stream cool splashy stream, we can't go over it, we can't go under it, we have to go through it....(do you know the book 'We are going on a Bear Hunt?')
Oh no grass thick swooshy grass, we can't go over it, we can't go under it, we have to go through it...



Miss B bounces like a Spring lamb most of the way there...
We pass the allotments that are looking pretty fruitful at this time of year...

Miss B can't bounce the whole mile and needs to be carried by the time we hit the raspberry fields...
At the farm waiting for me to do the shopping....
Farm grown spoils for lunch....

An 'open day' in the local village in the afternoon, raising funds for the church restoration 15 of the houses open their houses and gardens to allow the nosey (that was us) to come and snoop.  The dogs and the boy took a fancy to the classic Roller...


There isn't a huge amount of recreation for the young so climbing on the telephone box was top entertainment....
One family served home made icecream from their garage....

This was their garden, so beautiful....

Perfect cottages...

Grass verge with hollyhocks by the road...
More cottages...
Another open garden....
Someone who was so desperate to join in the fun.....
The lane to the 'big house' and the art exhibition....



Beautiful paintings of local views....
Perfect days, long may this good weather last...

13 comments:

  1. I can't think of a cuter thing that a little doggie jumping around joyously in the country! This is England at its best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's lovely, long may the sun continue, it's a different place when we have some rays!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. they're from my blackberry, I will never have the willpower to use a camera, but I may switch to iphone after 10+ years of bberry!

      Delete
  3. Pretty quintessential English countryside. Lovely.

    How is the weight loss coming along?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to confess not great, I have had to lay off exercise for a while (other than out with the dogs) so I am not relishing the spongey derriere in a bikini, but I shall just embrace kaftans!

      Delete
    2. And you will look effortlessly lovely. Just enjoy what is.

      Delete
  4. I can see why this is your favorite place in the world to be. As a romantic Anglophile, I still can not believe that such beauty and charm actually exists. Those stone walls, and winding streets! Your world looks like a fairytale, and I get to visit an American strip mall tomorrow! Looks like a perfect mother son day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love these days, they are so special and I worry about how much longer he will want to just hang out.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. you're telling me!! I might even take a sneaky peak when I am in my strip lit office..

      Delete
  6. Hello there,Ciao Alexandra...great post!...so beautiful photos of the gorgeous England countryside...so charming life...so lovely nature...W England!
    ciao from Italy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for your comment Aure, I do love your cheeky illustrations xx

      Delete

I would love to hear from you and quite happy for some lively debate so feel free to say what you think! ....