Wednesday 2 July 2014

lipstick colours

Apparently the bright fashions of Spring Summer 14 are continuing into Autumn Winter, they are calling it 'lipstick colours', pinks and reds that are bright and clashing.
I have got my inspiration a little closer to home....

This skirt is better in the flesh, it is paper thin, just like the petals of the poppy and has a net underskirt so it bounces with a life of its own when moving...it's from Coast and there are loads here, some are only 99p...


 The shoes are the 'not so Valentino' rock studs, note how the 'central' strap actually runs diagonally up the foot, it might be time to revisit Bicester and see if I can strike it lucky again...


More lipstick colours, a fitted Coast skirt in Duchess satin, it is a size 8, which I am definitely not, but their sizing is forgiving and the fabric stretchy.

The shirt was from Avenue 37, but I can't remember the designer, I get more excited about my bargains than the designer numbers, but the shirt it pretty and I love the unusual print...

Finally this one, a total mistake, I liked the idea of the print with the apples and ladybirds, but I feel utterly ridiculous.  I was thinking it could be for running errands on holiday, but it's still too young, too short and not that well-fitting, it's one for the freebie pile...



 I can't wait to be here at the weekend, even in the rain!

9 comments:

  1. I love the bright colours on you. And what gorgeous floral inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much i was thinking of sticking to browns which suit, but it gets a bit dull after a while!

      Delete
  2. Love your shoes and bag, I'm all about the accessories and the lipstick colours are divine x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. funny you say that i went off the whole statement bag thing and nearly ebayed them all, but glad i hung on to them now!

      Delete
  3. Poppy red and white are my favourite colours for summer, I love that red apple dress, are you sure it's too short? It could look less young without the Peter Pan collar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, that is definitely coming off, I might wait a bit, I think it's an early adoption of a look that I might start to like later, usually I am the last to pick up on a trend so have surety that it's my thing!

      Delete
  4. Oh and that shirt is gorge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How charming is Your style!...and how beautiful are the colours of the England countryside!
    have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW you look stunning in red

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you and quite happy for some lively debate so feel free to say what you think! ....