Sunday 28 September 2014

September Sun....


The beautiful on-going sunshine is making it much easier to be sociable and this weekend was one of  friends and food and buckets of booze.


Sadly Cynthia's beautiful floral display is over and in the interest of ecology and economics it was recycled as Friday's dinner party gift with garden grown hydrangeas....




Sometimes I think that being at the cottage is the nearest thing to heaven, it feels like the safest place in the world.....and then by chance I capture it on my phone.....


All the goodies ready to take to the dinner party, bubbles, tarte aux citrons and chocolate tart with raspberries...

What to wear? Our host used to work in fashion and has exquisite taste, I'm only conscious that I don't want to lower the tone. So opt for Zoe Karssen jeans, (new in)H & M jacket, £29.99 and better than the Helmut Lang one I had tried (and returned) from my-wardrobe.  Lace Temperley top (old, as old as my eldest child) Matthew Williamson bag (similar age) and pointy toe flats from this season.


 Hated doesn't come close to the fashion critic's critique, he is really confused by this ripped jeans thing, just about OK for the garden, but for going out? You have to be kidding...

 So changed into some old bootcut 7 jeans and a higher necked top from Karen Millen...



Make up is a rare thing, but as there was time to prepare, I unearthed a selection of goodies that go back years.  Most of them gifted and I don't really have a clear idea as to what to do with them...



Is Bare Minerals always meant to leave this kind of mess behind?...




setting off....


 and arriving at the most beautiful cotswold farm house....

Interior design heaven.... I couldn't get enough pictures of the effortlessly elegant interior....








The next day we hosted a humbler barbie with friends who have just moved to the village...

The usual starter platter....

Goodies for the chocolate fountain....


The kids laid the table for ten....



 And when the sun set we lit the heaters to keep everyone toastie..


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful, I can see why it is your safe place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pictures, love the interiors and the colour of natures goodies for your chocolate foundation. Not sure about Bare Minerals as I've never used it but my eldest does. Hasn't this September sunshine been lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really does look heavenly over there! Your hydrangeas are absolutely gorgeous, and Alice and I still talk about the wonderful evening spent with the gang. How has the time flown? xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful spaces: yours and your hosts! Gorgeous. All of those mineral foundations leave a big mess I find. Great wardrobe pick: perfect for the occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness it all looks amazing, what a beautiful cottage and I love your outfit! An idyllic weekend by the sounds and looks of it.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you and quite happy for some lively debate so feel free to say what you think! ....