Monday 6 May 2013

My Paris outfits



I have had a MASSIVE clear out, ie everything is gone except for about 40 items of clothing (that's in total) jeans, tops, dresses etc etc.
Therefore I needed to be unusually organised about my stuff for Paris in order to not pack it up for removal.






The travelling outfit consisted of Blumarine dress (worn as top) It is beautiful lace and sequins, I've only ever worn over a copper one-piece as a beach cover up in the past.  It was from TK Maxx in Kensington and I had my eye on it for a while, it started at £249 and I finally bought it when it was reduced further to £49.
The trousers are the most amazing elastane Joseph jodhpurs from a second hand shop that was closing down   they cost about £10, they have stayed brilliant white and kept their shape for about 15 years, if I ever found another pair I would buy in a heartbeat.
Belt was from Nicole Fahri from my friend's shop, unfortunately it has fallen victim to unrealistic business rates and impossible parking restrictions.
The coat was £200 from Ebay (ever the contrarian, I bought it in high summer when nobody else is seeking out shearlings)


I thought my 'shopping' outfit for day two quite successful, until I saw the 'real' pics, where my bad deportment and Gargantuan proportions next to my fine boned friends, are  not good.
The dress is from my favourite consignment store, which has truly beautiful clothes.  It is Missoni and I got it in last year's summer sale for 60 quid.  
The belt is £6.99 H & M and the coat £4.99 from Karen Millen via Ebay.  
It was so hot that the coat wasn't needed and I'm not sure that I should EVER venture out in the dress on its own again.




This black number is for drinks at Costes, it was £11 from TK Maxx at Clapham Junction, it is is pure silk, fitted around the hips and baggy on the top, it is by a Scandinavian brand called Tiger, and when I put it on, I noticed that the label said 699 euro! Shoes are my only high ones, from Reiss (Bicester about 40 quid)



The final outfit is an Herve Leger dress from Ebay, I bought it for £50 and what you can't see is that the zip is broken and the back completely open with just a hook and eye at the top, I would never squeeze into it if the zip actually worked, and I don't mind how it looks.  I would always wear with this cardigan top from Jigsaw (Bicester 30 quid) anyway.

10 comments:

  1. I love, love, love the Missoni dress and coral coat! I think you looked absolutely fantastic!! Great bag as well! Am trying to imagine what shoes you wore? Kitten heels?

    The Perfect Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hopeless in heels, I wore nude strappy with missoni and kitten heeled navy blue with the last outfit. I will make sure I capture next time!

      Delete
  2. The Missoni dress is gorgeous & what a bargain price. Having read this post I'm definitely going to pay closer attention to eBay & TK Maxx!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do have to pick your TK Maxx, loads of the so called 'designer' stuff they make themselves. You need a store with lots of Gold Label, apparently the Liverpool one is amazing!

      Delete
  3. You looked lovely in the Missoni dress!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought it because I saw this really curvy girl with big boobs wearing a similar one and she looked amazing, but she was shorter and very feminine, I think this is like DVF wraps, not really made for broad shouldered giants!!

      Delete
  4. Some gorgeous pieces here, that I would certainly be happy to own, especially the coat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. start checking out ebay now, anyone selling something like this in Summer is just having a clear out so there are some good deals to be had and think of it as saving the planet as it is the ultimate in recycling!

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness I am totally jealous of your style, you look amazing

    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a massive compliment coming from you, as you really do know how to put things together (every day not just for special occasions!)

      Delete

I would love to hear from you and quite happy for some lively debate so feel free to say what you think! ....