Saturday 27 December 2014

Farewell to Guests and Yuletide parties

 This Christmas has been a memorable one, usually we are quite low key and the only day that we celebrate is Christmas Eve.  It has been lovely celebrating with a huge number of old and new friends over a number of days and reading this post at Badinage, made me realise it is hasn't been the glitz and the glamour that is the best bit, it's just being with people that we care about that matters.

There weren't too many photos of Cliveden, I am sure that Cynthiawill do Alice far more justice than I have in this.  She was the belle of the ball, quite breath-takingly beautiful in her Cinderella dress. The consensus was Grace Kelly at her best, the young man to her right thought so too....


 The little guy also concurred, although he is less steadfast, he spent the later part of the evening dancing with two ladies in their 30s...



Dinner was tasty and we got our very own close quarter magician, his balancing acts were more successful than the card tricks...



 Cynthia and I relaxed after dinner and watched the young on the dance floor...
 I was tired after three days of partying, our poor guests also had jet lag, I am not sure they ever really knew what time of day or night it was.

We picked them up at 6am to return to the airport.  It was a beautiful time to be in London....
This was our first sighting of the Christmas lights this year, and they were spectacular...


And Claridges isn't bad either...

The trip to Heathrow was an easy run and we only wished that they could have stayed longer.

Now we are back at the cottage, with oodles of cakes and mince-pies, settled in front of the fire, waiting for the snow to come...(Miss B engrossed in Country Life) 


But she will always look up for a photo....

 I hope that you are warm, cosy and relaxed as Christmas draws to an end.

18 comments:

  1. How lovely! What a beautiful family you have. So nice to see Cynthia and Alice make an appearance too (that dress of Alice's is perfect!) I must put myself on the blog travel circuit soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you fancy a trip to London, let me know, it is great to catch up with people in the flesh! I hope that you are having a great Christmas.

      Delete
  2. It's so nice to see you and Cynthia together. I love your blog and Cynthia's as well. You are all lovely and it seems you had a wonderful time. Greetings from Germany! Beatrice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ravishing beauties all round and yes Alice does look like a young Grace Kelly, what a wonderful time you must have had.
      Enjoy your snowball fights!
      One day I am going to save up to do Christmas at Claridge's, it's a small fortune but a goal worth having!

      Delete
    2. Everyone looks like they are on a movie set! Looks divine and love the pics!

      Delete
    3. Dear Beatrice, thank you for your comment. Cynthia's blog is certainly more polished than mine. I use it as a diary, otherwise I just have memories that float around, but can't get them into a proper chronological order. German Christmases are quite wonderful, you guys really know how to make it homely and cosy, I hope that you are having a beautiful Yuletide.

      Delete
    4. Tabs and Naomi, it was a fun few days, and I am hoping that next year you both might join us for part of the celebrations!

      Delete
    5. Coming down next year in December for our anniversary, we both really missed it this year!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful pics! Alice certainly is looking very Grace Kelly only with a warmer glow than GK's ice. Great pics of you and Cynthia too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too kind, Alice definitely glows from the inside, her beauty in person is even more captivating.

      Delete
  4. You have taken some of my favorite pictures of Alice, ever! No one makes Alice smile quite like the handsome H! Thanks so much for everything.....What a fantastic evening that was! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. H now surgically attached to his phone waiting for the next missive. Hopefully in the Summer we can get them together again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don’t know how should I give you thanks! I am totally stunned by your article. You saved my time. Thanks a million for sharing this article.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you and quite happy for some lively debate so feel free to say what you think! ....