Wednesday 24 December 2014

I can't believe it is Christmas Eve....

....and I am blogging. The last week was hectic with winding down from work. I must have shifted 500 boxes, and then I pulled a tendon in my hand wrapping presents and may have broken a finger.

I have 30 tonight for drinks and 12 for lunch tomorrow, so no time for A and E, it is strapped up and and Nurofen is this year's top Christmas tipple.



Last night these amazing roses arrived, so they became the focus of decorating...

Except for the Nativity of course...





There were a lot of roses...


We filled vases.....


Even small ones were conscripted to work....

And more vases and coffee cups....



And a giant gold urn.....




And a bucket.....

More glasses at the ready for tonight's festivities...


Lovely Cynthia and Alice have made it, things are fairly calm, there will be more pics of the soiree soon.

Have a beautiful Christmas and New Year! xxxxx

9 comments:

  1. Wonderful! I have never seen roses like that in my life, I am green with envy.
    Your soiree will be wonderful, wish i could have made it. We are back In Scotland up north at mum and dad's old house - wish I could move it to the lowlands!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's always next year. I hope that you are feeling festive and have all your important people near.

      Delete
  2. Those roses are spectacular! Enjoy the festivities with Cynthia, Alice et al. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have left now, it was lovely seeing them, but poor things were so jet-lagged, I am not sure whether they knew day from night, it was a blur of huge meals and endless wine and fizz!

      Delete
  3. Wow!!! those roses are gorgeous! Have a fabulous Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had no time to check in with my favourite blogs, I should imagine Seville is beautiful at Christmas time. I shall be dropping by for a nice long read as soon as i have an hour to relax!

      Delete
  4. Hope your finger is ok?! But holding those roses can't be helping! So stunning though. Have a merry Xmas and look forward to the pics x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fine as soon as it was strapped up, and to be honest I sort of pickled myself in alcohol over the last few days so would have felt very little. I hope t hat your Christmas time is going well!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you and quite happy for some lively debate so feel free to say what you think! ....