Wednesday 19 June 2013

Style inspiration Thunderbirds Lady Penelope meets Rocky Horror

It was one of those freezing, slightly wet days and I was due to be spending 8 hours outside, picnicking and pretending the sun was out.  It's times like this that us Brits know how to man up, paint on a smile and damn well make the best of it. 
For good measure I slapped on some fake tan and determined to go bare legged. The beauty of this coat  is that it is WARM, but summertime cheerful  (size 16 and by a brand called Wardrobe, an Ebay find for £6.99!), the dress underneath was not even glimpsed all day, but it was an optimistic hope that may be the temperature would pick up (it didn't).
Initially I was quite pleased with my new shade of lippie (was persuaded to buy 2 in fact). But looking at pics, it is a little Rocky Horror.


J




6 comments:

  1. Wow, you look uber glam! Both coat and dress are just stunning, I love the burst of colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look at it now and it all looks a bit too try hard, I liked your image of the girl with the shopping bags, the pink might be a bit too look at me, so this could be on the resale pile!

      Delete
  2. You look fabulous...love the coat and dress:)
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW - I absolutely LOVE this coat and dress - you look AMAZING

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, but everyone else was elegant and subtle, I felt like a blancmange!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you and quite happy for some lively debate so feel free to say what you think! ....