Monday 24 June 2013

Whose style is this...is it does my bum look 40 in this or Ash Rural style or Fiona from Av 57?

I don't have any style and I'm not really that interested in clothes, although it seems other people are! What I wear changes almost beyond recognition each day and so of course where random bits have been left lying around and are thrown on together, the result is pretty disastrous.  I really like Does My Bum Look 40 in this? mainly because the words make me giggle, is it bad to say all of the retailer pics leave me a bit cold? Although I do love to see what Kat has been wearing.  I also like to read Ash's posts about properly wearable clothes, or Fiona who always looks like she enjoys every minute of her blogging.
Since I have no style and a totally random mismatch of clothes in my wardrobe the chances of wearing anything remotely coordinated for more than one day are pretty much nil.
This is why last week was quite an unusual occurrence, four days on the trot with clothes that could have come from one person, who stuck to a middle class mummy, slightly boho, White Company-ish style...err does this blogging thing have more influence than I would like to admit?
I know that I probably should brush my hair, accessorise or even just move the steamer and my washing that is drying from the background, but this blogging malarkey has to take up no time or it wouldn't happen.  That's how I know I'm not channelling the immaculate Tabitha from Bourbon and Pearls, for whom this is all a tad too laissez Faire.
I was going to chuck my 7 for All Mankind grey skinny, Kate Moss on a bad day, chav jeans, but they were 90 quid so I am trying to work out a way to wear them.  The raggedy sequin top is a brand called Tiara, and yes it was left out on a chair from a night out (I couldn't bear to pay drycleaning after a two hour wear so decided to wear the next day).  I quite like it under the purple cardi with the jeans and pinky daps.




 The next outfit is definitely going for the White Company look, sleeveless cardi 99p from Ebay (originally M & S), jeans inherited from overgrown teenage offspring and top from a label called Women like us, such a nice idea but not sure it has survived in these uncertain times.  The broiderie anglaise and leather bag was from a shop in the Caribbean and is simply an attempt to remember that it is meant to be Summer.
I


 Bit scuzzy, but basically same again with Miso top (99p Ebay) I did spend most of the previous day in gym kit honestly!

 The sun must have appeared if only for a moment (loose knit top Miso 99p- is Miso TK Maxx? why do I keep finding it on Ebay?). Michael Kors suede shorts from cricket sale and high necked Valentino vest.  Bag Karen Millen from Bicester (super cheap as I am not sure this boho type look is the average KM shopper's thing)


And there it is four days of a wardrobe of someone who is consistent. Is it better to have a signature look or keep people guessing as to whether you will turn up in a ball dress or a leather catsuit?

12 comments:

  1. I disagree - you definitely DO have a style - and a very good 'eye' for a well put together look. The fact that you wear different stuff makes your look all the more varied and interesting. I love that sleeveless long cardi - what an utter bargain, must have a look on ebay... Like the Miso beige crochet knit top too (looks fab with the shorts which you totally have the legs for!)- and the bag... everything in fact. xx (PS thanks for the mention!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very kind, but I know I never get things 'right' because when I look back at old photos from 20 years ago, where my friends could all pass muster today, I look like I am in the fancy dress of the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 4 days of different clothes - that would exhaust me! I like your style too, it's completely you, and it's quite unusual, it's not herd style.
    I don't really care about clothes either, during the week I'm often in the same rags for 5 days, I only make an effort if I'm going somewhere, the fox and squirrels don't really care how I look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have images of you wafting around a boudoir in a silk velvet dressing gown removing each possible outfit from carefully wrapped tissue, don't say you wear rags, I like my illusion it is something that I was hoping to strive towards!

      Delete
  4. I love seeing what you choose to wear, and why, and the analysis. Like handwriting. In my book, you, and Tabitha are both exotic roses.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One day I will strive towards Tabitha's self-control. You don't do much on clothes, I would love a peak inside your wardrobe, after seeing your home pics, expectations would be high!!

      Delete
  5. I am with tabitha - i think you have a strong style and it looks really good, and it is not herd style which i am all for - no-one is one person every day - far more interesting to have some fun and yes we may make the odd mistake, you do not want to see my old pics! x oh and as an aside you dress very well for your figure - not that that would be very hard - your legs always go on forever

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was me trying to do herd style (clearly I can't even get that right)! You are very kind but from the lady who has the most enviable wardrobe (...and hair, and figure, and face) in Christendom, I'm just thrilled that you dropped by to have a look.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My goodness woman really? You have no style? I think you need to have a closer look in the mirror - you OOZE style! I am always SO VERY ENVIOUS when I see your pics of what you wear.

    Please keep on posting, I love it!

    Fiona
    PS thanks for the mention - I do like to have fun, life is for living and you only get one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are making me blush, but when I look at these pics I genuinely only spot what needs to be changed! And you are so right about life, but do we spend too much time online and not enough out there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hard to get out there so much with work etc but I do enjoy my life, I make it mine and cherish every day :-)

      Delete
  9. You deffo have style and you totally make it your own, I alway admire people who aren't fashion sheep, and wear what the like rather than 'trends'. I'm a bit of a sheep at times! X

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you and quite happy for some lively debate so feel free to say what you think! ....