Tuesday 12 November 2013

Harrods Christmas Windows...



This year's theme is the Harrods train, and it is quite a work of art.  All of the windows continue with the train theme with tv screens showing moving images as if you are on the train, it's all stunning and sumptuous and well worth a visit (although I have yet to check out Fortnum's to see who has done it best this year!)
The ChristmasWorld (decorations) is a bit of a let down, the local Cotswold garden centres are doing it better. It is a fraction of the normal size and all the really glamorous Katherine's Collection stuff, which must be heirlooms for the future, have been replaced with cheap tat.
But the fashion and shoes are as spectacular as ever!






 Some of my favourite's from this years Katherine's Collection, but I am not sure where they can be found in the UK now....








We had intended on coffee and cakes in Harrods, but the atmosphere was a bit flat, so we headed to Nespresso to buy our biannual haul and tried lots of free ones, so it was a frugal trip to Knightsbridge.
I wore Zara leather jacket, Joseph cowl neck top, Zara coated jeggings, and very old pointy Dior boots (now back in fashion again thanks to Gianvito Rossi, who I had never heard of and suddenly seems to be everywhere).

 I carried my knock-off  H bag, which is so convincing that I was offered 6000 euros for it in a vintage accessories store on Rue Dauphine in Paris....although I still skulked through the Hermes concession in Harrods feeling like a fraudulent pleb, so may be it's not worth it!

Do you have any regular haunts that you visit to get you in the Christmas frame of mind?




12 comments:

  1. Yes! Fortnums every December after a stroll down Bond St and a rub of Churchill's statue's head, I can't wait, we used to go away for our anniversary but we're lazy now and London is so beautiful at that time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you come this year let me know! I will hotfoot it over for a frothy coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh i am a sucker for xmas windows, done harrods too - how gorgeous is the nude sparkly dress, doing fortnums next week and already been to the landmark in kensington as i love their frontage for christmas - cant get enough of it - my fave time of year. btw how cute are your puppies - they look so neat and sweet - very unlike my frank - smelly and large but much beloved xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do spend more on their hair than my own, it must be said. There is something really good for the soul about wrapping your arms around huge beast and having cuddle! Bella is exactly the same weight and size as a new born, I think she is my baby replacement.

      Delete
    2. I love Katherine´s Collection too and i work with them since many years. You can find a lot of those things in my shop in Germany or online www.ateliersaschalutzi.de

      Delete
  4. Great post, love the look of the Harrods window and you look great, love the outfit and the bag xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been watching Meet the Russians, I think that may have been a subliminal influence!

      Delete
  5. We use to do the same, trip to Harrods, Christmas shopping, seafood lunch at the seafood bar and a glass of bubbly......... That was before we were married with 2 babies only said we need to do that again when we are abit richer again! Thought your bag was real...... Love it xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So did the guy in Paris, he offered me cash and a part exchange of some vintage LV luggage! He really laughed when I told him the truth, it is a great shop on Rue Dauphine in the heart of 6th Arrondisment.

      Delete
  6. I really love the outfit! London at Christmas time must be fantastic. I'm still laughing at fraudulent pleb.....Al and I trek to NYC for shopping at Saks, and frozen hot chocolate at Serendipity. Maybe a touristy carriage ride in the park if its snowing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We once went to NY for Christmas shopping, it was amazing, so seasonal, we went to Woodbury Common too, which I loved. I am not sure I could ever spend the equivalent of a car on a handbag, it seems a bit wrong and I know how I chuck all my bags around and scrape them across the floor. But equally, I am not sure I would buy a fake again!

      Delete
  7. Hi there! The Harrods windows look amazing and I love your tale about your bag too, what an awesome offer, hehe!! Love the outfit and I must start wearing my pointy boots this season too! I really want to take a trip up West and see the lights and mooch in Selfridges, it's such a fabulous atmosphere leading up to Christmas! xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you and quite happy for some lively debate so feel free to say what you think! ....