Saturday 15 March 2014

Rocking the studs

It's been one of those weeks, where work has been insane, but productive, and so manageable.  There have been a number of 'big' meetings, and my working wardrobe is coming together as I get more confident.
Some of my hi-tech brights are being relegated to the gym kit pile, and I am in my uniform of good shoes, long jacket and cute dress/trousers.

We might be opening at one of the more famous retail outlets, so I have been spending time there looking at the shoppers, the locations and the units.  I did succumb to the Cognac rockstuds (one pair 30% off now £420) that I found there.  I had seen the bag in the same colour and really liked it, since I am almost permanently fake tanned, this is in truth nearer to 'nude' than the Percy Pig pink that I am normally offered.

They are the most comfortable, 'special' shoes that I have ever owned, even with my huge bunions and wonky toes.  The straps hold the ankles perfectly so you really can walk all day in them.  I even wore them to Waitrose with white jeans and my pink ebay 99p coat.

Do you wear something to death when you have found that special something or are you disciplined enough to save for 'occasions'?


6 comments:

  1. They are super comfy but I've only worn mine twice, my life is more sweats, wellies and jeans but still I fall for the glam of a pretty shoe every time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i like the combo of quite feminine but with an edge, they go with everything!

      Delete
  2. Those are so pretty. I keep humming and hawing as to whether to splash out on a pair. Good to hear they are comfy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, they really are, still haven't taken them off!

      Delete
  3. These have been on my wishlist forever, I am so jealous! which outlet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was Bicester Village! But did you find any at you Net A Porter sample sale?

      Delete

I would love to hear from you and quite happy for some lively debate so feel free to say what you think! ....