Saturday 8 March 2014

Tomorrow will definitely be diet cake recipe day...

In the meantime I only have pics of more clothes, since these were from the keep or return set blogged about previously.
These were the 'keepers'....
I love this shirt, it is from a British designer, I think Thakoon, the print is on both sides, but slightly different on each.
The skirt is Vanessa Bruno, a nod to the drop waist hem skirts, but isn't reminiscent of Whatever happened to Baby Jane.

 It is Bette Davis at her best and one of the most disturbing psychological dramas I have ever seen, but be warned, if you watch it, you'll be unlikely to ever don a skater style skirt again!


Grown up office dressing and dinners out...peplum Philosophy top with chiffon pleat detail on the back and silk trousers from Jaeger....

 Theory dress, it's almost wet suit material it's so heavy, but is a 'get up and go' doesn't need accessories, it's a banker for sweaty tube rides in the Summer.

 Paul Smith Black silk dress, love this, already worn it out to dinner, lightweight enough for Summer, but dark enough as evening wear all year around...
 Preen dress, this is missing a zip, I am not completely sure if I will ever do it up, but I love it too much to not try to save it....


 Acne dress, this is for St Topez only....

 By Malene Birger dress, was originally another holiday frock, but with a heavyweight jacket, might be Ok for work....



For me the moral of this haul, is that even 'high' fashion can be quite wearable, I have always preferred high street, thinking that the designs are more 'my lifestyle' than really way out designer garb, so price aside my first choice would be something more basic.  But trying this stuff on, the way it fits and flows, I am becoming a bit of a convert.
What is your take on high street vs designer, do you go for 'designer' if money were no object or do you like the simplicity of wearable basics that the high street does so well? 

11 comments:

  1. Gosh you managed to get some fantastic stuff, I'm not jealous!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was all quite discounted, but unusually for me, i didn't pick it up for nothing on ebay, it was definitely going back if it didn't fit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pieces you have chosen - they are all v special - i think that prob is the difference whats on the high street can be more wearable but the fabrics and the cut of designer if they fit and suit to me is unbeatable but they have to work for you as they can be less 'easy'. Btw if you need a tailor for that zip atelier colpani are amazing and used to workign with high end - they really will do it justice - in the west end just opp south molton street x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's a great tip, thank you it is near my stomping ground, I will seek it out.

      Delete
  4. Are these clothes you currently own or new ones you've bought?
    I think the white dress is stunning on you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are 'new' from the music room sales, i don't think that they are 'new season', but I am used to buying years old stuff on ebay, so this is the newest I have had for ages.

      Delete
  5. Madly in love with the peplum top and white trousers, that is a stunning look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. since my trip to work includes a ride on the underground, not hugely practical, but I couldn't resist.

      Delete
  6. LOVE, Love the Acne dress, the colour and shape, that will look amazing in St. Topez. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous pieces....absolutely love the white peplum top and silk trousers!!
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you and quite happy for some lively debate so feel free to say what you think! ....