Monday 1 April 2013

Yellow paint

I thought picking a cheerful yellow paint would be easy, but it has been a bit of a marathon.
I started off with Farrow and Ball (doesn't everyone who lives in an old house?)
But it wasn't successful at all, the yellows were cold and greeny grey and very different to the colours on the chart.
Then I tried Dulux, I started with their buttercup ranges, which although pinky yellow on the charts, came out green and cold on the walls.
Finally I tried the golden fern range, which looked as dark gold as the original nicotine swirls on the walls, but actually came out a lot lighter and had that yellow, pink dawn glow that I had been searching for. 




6 comments:

  1. I've never really liked yellow indoors, we had a yellow kitchen when I was a child and my mum always said it was insipid and made her feel bilious but a friend of mine has a lovely yellow wallpaper in her sitting room which I really want - shame it's £80 per roll! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was the same, not a huge fan of yellow, I was originally going for pink or green, but the pink was too dark and the green too cold!

      Delete
  2. Very cheery, I used to have a yellow kitchen, it was perfect for a cold dark room. I love that green cabbage wear - wear? Uhm plate thingies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think cabbage ware although cabbage wear could be interesting too!

      Delete
  3. It's a lovely way to get a bit of sunshine in your life!! x

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you and quite happy for some lively debate so feel free to say what you think! ....