Monday 17 February 2014

Ibiza bath

We are due another week of rain and storms, and sometime, it feels that the only way to get warm (really warm to the bone, with a warmth that stays with you)  is in a piping hot bath.
One day I was looking at my bathroom array of bottles and lotions and potions that I have been gifted over the years, and rather than just throw them into storage boxes, I have come up with some themed 'baths', which feel like the ultimate indulgence when the rain is battering down.
I turn on the heater in the bathroom, put the tap on to full throttle and wait for that lovely fug to descend.

One of my favourites is 'The Ibiza Bath' and this is what I use (although any variant will do)...


I used to go to Ibiza every year in the 70s, and my over-riding memory is the smell of the pine...

So turn down off the lights and light up a great scented candle (avoid Glade et al, or the pine is the acrid smell of detergent, not the aromatic smell of the real thing)
My favourites are Neom, as it is Diptyque quality made in the UK without the price tag..

Although Diptyque is pretty special....

Load your ipod or CD with some Ibiza chill out sounds...


Drop a few drops of Huile Prodigieuse into the bath, it is full of pure gold and smells like floral heaven, it's meant as a body oil, but is lovely in a hot bath....
Wash your hair with Faith in Nature Neem shampoo, pure Ibiza scent with an under tone of citrus..

Finish with a more of the body oil above and a generous covering of fake tan (you have to look in the mirror and 'feel' the Ibiza vibe)




If you haven't shaken off your Winter blues, after this treatment, only a ticket to the Caribbean will do!

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous idea! And I read the post while soaking in a shoulder deep bath (I have a rum and oudwood candle burning so I'll call it my Jamaica bath!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lovely...just add a rum and coke and it's perfect!

      Delete
  2. I add himalayan bath salts - they are amazing and soo good for you - you honestly should try them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm very partial to bath salts, i will def give these a go

      Delete
  3. I really want to go away right now ... I've actually never been to Ibiza but I would love to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i haven't been for years, i'd like to check it out in September,when the partying is a little calmer, apparently it's not as madly expensive as the south of France, but just as luxe nowadays

      Delete

I would love to hear from you and quite happy for some lively debate so feel free to say what you think! ....