Thursday 14 February 2013

Charity committee meeting...



This is my best grown up dressing, I just love a dress, put it on with a pair of tights and you look all grown up and organised. No need for accessories or anything complicated. This one is from M & S Limited Collection, the purple reminds me of Kate Spade.  Sorry about headless horsewoman last shot but hair was looking particularly dreadful in the other pic.  The coat was a market find from about 15 years ago, I am working on a whole Russian look, I have boots and Cossack hat coming soon so will reveal all. The belt is an ancient one from Asprey, I love simple, wide good quality leather belts (in dark colours as I have no waist and need all the help I can get) and they are quite rare, whenever I see one I buy it and keep it forever.

As I haven't got this whole clothes thing cracked I am going for a series of fancy dress outfits.  This one is grown up organised lady who doesn't work as a lawyer.

4 comments:

  1. Like the purple dress coat does look a bit past it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right it was 40 quid from Shepherd's Bush market 15 years ago so shouldn't expect it to go on forever.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I guess that depends on the definition of work, I used to live to work rather than work to live, 16 hours a day in the office knackered all the time, missed my kids grow up and lost touch with all my friends. Now I am flat broke but making a bit of money out of what I love and waking up every day happy so doesn't feel like 'work' in the true sense.

      Delete

I would love to hear from you and quite happy for some lively debate so feel free to say what you think! ....