Wednesday 20 February 2013

Raspberry surprise....

I bought this New Look top online, I thought it was perfect for my latest raspberry obsession, however when it arrived...



it was plum...




 I don't mind a bit of plum and I have some Lily and Skinner elasticated boots from about 1985 that were my mothers, long before LK Bennett was even a twinkle in Linda's eyes these elasticated and leather boots were being carefully stored by my mum for future emergencies (lucky for me she never really wears her clothes, she saves them for best and then decides that they are out of fashion so she is quite a good source of brand new vintage).



I also have this scarf that I got from a charity shop a few years ago.  It reminds me of a discussion forum that I read on Mumsnet about outfit bloggers and how they are all banker's wives in scarves, it still makes me chortle, I'm not a banker's wife, but here I am in a scarf blogging...


And then I thought how fab if I had a Cartier bag, not this one, I got perfume in this, but isn't the colour spot on?

I was going to put Bella in the bag and take pic, but then I felt a bit mean, after all she is real even if she looks like Jim Hensen made her.
This is the bag I was thinking of, although to be fair it is looking a little more raspberry in this pic.


 And then I thought wouldn't it be nice to have some rubies to match this outfit, the really dark burgundy type...





And then I thought that may be all this thinking about clothes and what to wear could be come quite expensive.

2 comments:

  1. Burgundy is a good all round colour. The shop was Lilley and Skinner, although it is fair to say that I have not heard mention of it in years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spelling not my forte! Neither have I, they used to be on every high street.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you and quite happy for some lively debate so feel free to say what you think! ....