Thursday 28 February 2013

From Rugby with Love





Not sure the title works as the pun I intended.
This outfit was created from two failures.
I bought a faux fur jacket (now the hood) from Ebay.com, it was meant to be a Kate Spade fun fur, I am one of those people that believes that as EVERYTHING comes from China, occasionally you do actually get the real thing straight from a Chinese factory (if you shop like Miss Marple on Ebay.com).  I didn't have time to take a pic of the jacket being worn as a jacket.  As you can imagine this took quite a lot of arranging and I didn't want to start again once I had worked out that it might have been a good idea.  When the Chinese jacket arrived, the arms reached just past my elbow and the bottom sat high above my waist, with the 'waisted' part of the jacket on my boobs, it looked truly awful and was unwearable.

I bought this Zara jacket on Ebay for £30, which I thought was quite a lot for a second hand anorak, and when it arrived the Zip was wonky and really is is too small.  However the two together work OK.
The sleeves are like  a scarf inside so it is superwarm, in fact I can honestly say that I got a bit hot, standing in minus 1 degrees for 40 minutes shouting for a team who were losing badly, like some kind of rabid polar bear.

The mirror sunglasses are from Coco Ribbon and I do often look like a bluebottle in them, but they are OK with this.
The only thing I would say though as it may have been a 'un peu trop' for a rugby match in Newbury.
What do you think? Would you go outside like this?

4 comments:

  1. They look great together and more importantly WARM. You look very different in your posts, almost not the same person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it just depends on the amount of fake tan and the colour of my roots.

      Delete
  2. Sherpa chic, you look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A whole new fashion moment, perhaps Chanel will coin Sherpa Chic for A/W 2013!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you and quite happy for some lively debate so feel free to say what you think! ....