Friday 16 August 2013

Beach Living

For two weeks every Summer we live barefoot on Pampelonne beach.  The mornings and evenings are a Robinson Crusoe like existence where we don't see a soul. But the day times are MAD, where the entertainment comes in by boat and the theatre is non stop. For me it is the ideal mix of total serenity and intense action.  I like to think that I am a country girl, but I need to know that I am never far from the crowds, and when we visit 'true' rural isolation, I start to experience a sense of overwhelming unease that makes me want to turn and run.  These magical two weeks are the perfect combination, we can do everything from the beach, and so we literally don't wear shoes for the duration, (except for 2 minute walk in heels to go into lunch each day).
Come and have a look at our beach retreat....
 Even at 9am there is not a soul on the beach....
 The vegetation is abundant and fragrant....
 This is the gate to our rustic home....
 Follow the pathway....
 Hidden in the trees, but with the sound of the waves hitting the shore still in ear shot...
 Our tiny hidden house...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you and quite happy for some lively debate so feel free to say what you think! ....