Thursday 8 August 2013

The ultimate hot weather lunch




The panier de crudités is the most famous dish at Club 55, simply a collection of just picked vegetables, hard boiled eggs and an anchovy and mustard sauce, and yet filling enough to get through until a late evening meal.
I recreated the dish using the beautiful cork board gifted to me by my lovely American friend who spends all summer in St Tropez and is my partner in crime for celeb and trend spotting on the beach.  The veg is all from the local farm shop, which is threatened with closure from the local council.  Can you believe it? We are surrounded by supermarkets at every turn and when a local farm tries to offer fresh, real food at affordable prices they run into 'planning' issues, I feel a campaign coming on.








No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you and quite happy for some lively debate so feel free to say what you think! ....