Friday 1 March 2013

Online purchase not quite what I was expecting...





The trousers in the first pic only are pure silk from La Perla (Florida outlet mall c. 1992), keep an eye on Ebay as they will be appearing soon. Even my husband who takes zero interest in my clothes told me to go and change them. They are very beautiful and perfect as 'loungewear', however I don't get to lounge that much, and if I did I certainly wouldn't waste time changing my clothes.  Although in a parallel life I can see the pleasures of sweeping down a marble staircase swathed in silk and cashmere, reclining on a chaise and eating a velvet coated box of chocolates.

Back to real life, it was my birthday night and we were meeting friends for a quick drink, I had been training a client and didn't have time for anything other than a squaddie shower, hence the rats tails and no make up.

In these circumstances diversion is the best tactic so I donned my SUPER BLING Indian necklace, all the way from Jaipur, it wasn't quite the subtle green and matt stones that I had been expecting, but I'll wear it a few times and then re Ebay.

The top is from Wallis and the black coated leggings from Zara sale.

Dogs a little flustered as they knew we were going out. They are meant to be company for each other, but instead each seems to fuel the other's fear of abandonment. Does anyone have a solution to neurotic dogs?  I have got to the stage where they come everywhere with me.

9 comments:

  1. You have a nice figure. But what is this about? Your fashion posts look like you just reach in the wardrobe and play lucky dip with your eyes closed closed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! You're not far off the mark, although it is more to do with which items are ironed and clean (at the same time) than whether they 'go together'. Fashion has never been my thing, I'm more about the health and exercise side of things, but everyone else seems to like the clothes, so I take pictures of of them.

      Delete
    2. ...I meant that they like see the clothes, clearly they don't 'LIKE the clothes' to be honest most of the time neither do I so it is fine! x

      Delete
  2. Too thin, needs to gain some pounds AND bad clothes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't weighed myself for about a year, as 'weight' is almost irrelevant to overall health. But when I was about a stone lighter, I was a dress size larger. It is the muscle/body fat ratio that is important and muscle weighs pretty heavy on the scales!

      Delete
  3. That necklace is stunning - don't ebay it! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm not sure though, had to keep fighting the urge to jump up and start a Bollywood style mass dance!

      Delete
    2. lol! No it's beautiful, keep it! Wear it with simple cut clothes to show it off without over doing it, great with a plain v-neck tee x

      Delete
    3. Agreed! The necklace is gorgeous. You'll regret it if you ebay it. (And congrats on your polite replies to the needlessly rude comments above.)

      Delete

I would love to hear from you and quite happy for some lively debate so feel free to say what you think! ....