Wednesday 13 March 2013

Anniversary party outfit







I wore this to a 40th Wedding Anniversary.  It was a VERY quick change as I had just finished two hours of training.  The top is Temperley from Bicester Village, it was from a few years back and has a whole cape thing going on on the shoulders.  The skirt is my trusty Coast stretchy duchesse satin, (goes with everything!) and Top Shop cardi.  Shoes were hand me down Chanels from my mum (praise be for her habit of buying clothes and never wearing them and then giving them to me to make space in her wardrobe).

4 comments:

  1. That is beautiful, I also notice that you have wonderful posture, trying to keep my shoulders back is killing me, it feels unnatural to me now, they have become so hunched from hanging over the computer all day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am tall and hated it and have always stooped so my back muscles are not good, I have had to work on it. One way to test the strength of you muscles between your shoulder blades is to put your hands over your head and then push your elbows back as far as possible, alomst behind your ears if you can. Bend at the elbows and then lift about 1 kg in each hand. It makes me feels sicknafter 10 reps, and it is not aerobic, sheer muscle exhaustion!

      Delete
  2. Oh I wish my Mum handed me down Chanel's! She gave all her suits to a charity shop!!!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are a lot younger than me, but in the early 90s Chanel went totally OUT. It stood for everything that was the opposite of grunge and you could buy the padded bags in charity shops and designer second hand shops for peanuts!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you and quite happy for some lively debate so feel free to say what you think! ....