Thursday 12 September 2013

Lunch at Bistrot 51

Today I had a lunch meeting, not long ago I used to dread trying to fit a restaurant lunch into the working day.  Now the rarity (and time to think about locations, outfits and the trip to London) make it an absolute pleasure.  My lunch partner was in my old office mode of power suits, so anything too relaxed wouldn't have been right.  I wore this PU jacket from TK Maxx, only £24.99, but I'm not sure, I wasn't really hot but it sort of stuck to me all day and I was quite pleased to get it off when I got home.


 Coast skirt with a kick at the back, the pics are awful, but these skirts are a stretchy duchesse satin so they cling without getting wrinkly (I have them in a number of colours!)...


 And my new Rene Caovilla shoes, they have leather inners on the heel and the back of the shoe and are then lace trapped in plastic, they were an Ebay find in America and cost about £30 including postage rather than £600!


Every where I tried to book was full, recession, what recession?
Bistro 51 is just by Buckingham Palace...there is only one reason to go....


Their amazing 'Re-invented Fondue'.  The jug contains piping hot chocolate sauce that you poor over the chocolate ball, the ball melts and inside you find mini puddings, brownies, profiteroles and other mini puds to dip into the sauce, pure Willie Wonker magic!

What do you think of PU, shall I Ebay the jacket or wear something under it?
Do you have any memorable puds that are dinner party stealable?



14 comments:

  1. Those shoes look more delicious than the chocolate! Just gorgeous. I am curious to know if you watch what you order, or if you are so fit and active you can petty much eat what you want?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was quite a fatty so I have to be careful. We had two starters, both loads of protein, smoked salmon followed by a starter sized chicken salad, we did it deliberately as we knew we were having the chocolate pudding each!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The restaurant looks fab! I love your outfit...perfect:) Have a great weekend!
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so elegant, love the new shoes, what a find, I have to try harder at combing through Ebay, your hair looks glorious too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I am totally honest they are a size 41 and I am a 40 so they slop on and off a bit, there seems to always be a catch with Ebay!

      Delete
  5. You look so very elegant - now fabric i do know and the reason it is hot and sweaty is it has no breathability by putting something under it you wont have it right on your skin which will make it more comfortable - less sticky - but it will always be v hot and stuffy if that makes any sense! I wanted to pick your brains - i dont skip breakfast at all but by the time i have done 20 mins yoga, 40 walking lunges (fab tip btw) got carried away with something i am working on, tidied up, made beds etc it is a min of an hour or two before i actually eat it - does this count as skipping and should i stop it! Have a v good weekend x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right about jacket, it just feels clammy from reflected body heat rather than being hot, I think it might be heading out of the door! The breakfast thing is a tricky one as I guess it slightly depends on the time that you get up. We are so programmed to feel virtuous if we are not eating, that for many it is quite normal to get to about 2 or 3 in the afternoon before they eat anything. That is definitely skipping. I guess the main way that you know that you have kick started your metabolism is that, having had breakfast, by the time lunch time approaches, you should get that aching hunger which means you need to eat, which conversely if you have skipped eating in the morning you often don't get until much later in the afternoon and lack of hunger means it is quite easy to skip lunch too. So we skip both meals and feel we are doing really well and can treat ourselves to a bit of something naughty at tea time. This means that our metabolism is at its lowest and we might be eating cake or biscuits which are being stored immediately as fat as our body is in famine mode. So in a sentence, as long as you are feeling properly hungry for lunch, eating your breakfast and hour later probably isn't slowing down your metabolism.

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much - i certainly do feel hungry for lunch so all good x

      Delete
  6. You look fantastic, I see what you mean about the Coast skirts, and I LOVE those shoes (definition of a bargain!) :-) Lunch spot looks divine. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see you are a pencil skirt lover too, check out Ebay the Coast ones are pretty cheap, and the sizing is quite kind, you would be a size 12 and their are loads of those listed!

      Delete
  7. I really like the jacket - I say keep! The shoes are fab I have to say, and the sound of that chocolate sauce is making my mouth water! I've just booked Claridges for my daughters 21st birthday lunch, online it said fully booked but when I rang, I got in xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did wonder about that, the online booking all seems a bit random, Claridges is so beautiful, what a treat!

      Delete
  8. Definitely keep! I love that outfit - it's elegant, fashionable and your shoes are just beautiful. Looking gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you and quite happy for some lively debate so feel free to say what you think! ....