Saturday 28 September 2013

Victorias Secrets



This shining example of rampant consumerism was something that I wanted to hate.  But if I'm honest I did get a little sucked in.  It is quite spectacular and not a penny has been spared in making it look beautiful and enhancing the VS brand.  Downstairs is all strip wooden floors and 'college' style cotton underwear and sportswear and each floor gets progressively more luxurious finishing in the VIP suite above where men can come with their ladies and a rail of items is prepared for them to try. It's very pretty with lovely views, but it is all a bit Disney does underwear, the books aren't real, just decorative, the 'silk' VIP kimonos are polyester.  But it undoubtedly will appeal to many people.


This murano glass chandelier with the VS pink bows was stunning.  The facade shows real costumes from the feted VS fashion shows and the Swarovksi staircase is quite spectacular.

It's definitely fun, I dread to think how crowded it will be by Christmas, but if you are in the Bond Street area it is worth a trip!


4 comments:

  1. Can't tell you how much I love the pink and chocolate brown together and I normally loathe pink, but that's stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is all much more English than I thought it would be, I had imagined super-modern, but the top floor is more like they gave Nina Campbell free range.

      Delete
  2. Alice and I passed that shop last time we were in London, and were surprised at how many people were checking it out. I could almost smell all that "perfume" from outside. Disney does underwear!! The views do look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The teenager's stuff is lovely, not too grown up and very sweet and girlie.

      Delete

I would love to hear from you and quite happy for some lively debate so feel free to say what you think! ....